My name is Laurie Mefferd & I am a freelance photographer with a passion for everything related to photography.
A diverse background has exposed me to many different types of photography including portraiture, architectural, nature and beyond. What I've found is that as long as there is a camera in my hand I'm happy. Each venue inspires me and presents opportunities to capture what my senses feel when I look through my lens.
Family is very precious to me, and my beautiful daughter whom I love with all my heart has been incredibly supportive and is my inspiration in so many ways.
Please click here to email me about your photography needs.
What I Love About Nature
No matter how crazy this world gets, no matter how desperate times may be, no matter how happy or sad I may feel, there is one place I can turn that grounds me. It's nature. It is God's Ultimate Temple.
Do you ever lie on a blanet of soft grass and open your senses? Do you ever hear the wind softly blowing through the trees or the birds singing with musical voices as they communicate in a language that is theirs alone? Do you take time to smell the earth after the rain, or the breeze as your near the ocean? Have you listened to the crash of waves on the shore or the soft lapping of the lake where the water meets its edge? Have you felt the wind softly carress your shoulders or the warm rain dance against your skin?
Have you really seen the brilliance of lightening? Have you felt a mixture of dark foreboding as a turbulent storm nears coupled with the rush of excitement as you experience the power of the same frightening storm? Have you ever walked in a downpour and been awed by the cut of the rain against your skin as you realize what tiny infinitesimal drops are hitting you or that the wind which you cannot even see has the power to almost knock you off your feet?
Have you ever studied the majesty of a very old tree who has lived many years beyond you who stands in grace and beauty and has endured throughout time and the warfare man wages against nature? And have you seen the sapling next to the old rugged tree who is sheltered by its elder and is a testament of survival and the cycle of life?
Have you ever truly experienced the wonder at the change of the seasons and found beauty in each of them that correlates to your walk in this life? Each season holds mystery and miracle. Even the cold winter brings a blanket of sparkle and brilliance as the shimmering snow mirrors the stars and hints at an infinity beyond coupled with the promise of Spring.
Have you ever gazed at the stars and realized how small you are? To me, it helps me to realize all things will pass in time. That today no matter what was brought my way, it will not endure beyond the test of time and the cycle of life. And the stars make me realize that my light is burning now - I have this moment to live and to shine.
Nature makes me believe that life goes on and will survive. The balance and harmony of nature can lift your spirit and renew your strength. It makes me realize that I am not alone, and helps me to recognize how very fortunate I am and how small my worries are.
If in just one of my photographs I can share that feeling of wonder I receive when experiencing the magnificence of nature, I will have succeeded. Please be patient with me while I try.
All who view or utilize this blog, including but not limited to all related links herewith contained assume sole and full responsibility for use of same. It is further understood that Laurie Mefferd will be held harmless and may not be held liable for any or all causes that may occur related to use of same.